Saturday, June 19, 2010

Pima Canyon Exploration

Jun 13 – Pima Canyon (3.5 miles, ~300 ft gain)

I had a hard time getting up today morning, I was almost about to give up or thinking about alternatives. Rishi kept us awake till 12 am y’day night and I did not get enough sleep on Friday as well, so getting up at 5 AM was just impossible today. Finally I dragged myself out of bed at 5.45 am. I was so low that I called a friend in east coast to get some boost from her, but she was not available :(.

By the time I left home it was already late to find a parking spot at the popular trails (Camel back, Piestwa). I went to Pima Canyon (part of south mountain) which is 15 min drive from our place. Once there I wanted to do a different trail then what I had done earlier. The trial map was very confusing for me - the credit goes to my direction sense and map reading skills :). I just picked one of the trails and started walking on it. The trail just goes through a series of hills. It was like a walk in the park with some elevation change through out.

I had no particular goal on how long i wanted to walk, so i just walked for 2 hr. I know that I hiked in Pima canyon west loop area.

Pima canyon is a very easily accesible park for chandler/ahwatukee residents. The park is very popular with mountain bikers, runners and lot of hikers as well.

Today was not a satisfying day - I did not have a challenging trail or a specific destination. I reached home wanting more :).

No comments:

Post a Comment