Friday, May 7, 2010

2010-2011 Hiking Project

The hiking project seed started growing in my head. Though I liked the idea of hiking for a year, I had to come up with something feasible and challenging enough for me.

My 2010-2011 hiking project - Do 52 hikes in 52 weeks

Rules of the project

  • Do 1 hike every week
  • Do atleast 30 different hikes
  • Do 2 long hikes (e.g Mt Humpreys, Havasu falls etc). Pramod thinks that the long hikes I have listed might be difficult to schedule in with rishi. I agree with him but I just want to believe "Where there is will there is a way". The other alternative we have come up with is do long trails in phoenix e.g national trail (14 miles).
  • If I miss a hike then I will have to make up
  • The hiking schedule should have minimal impact on rishi's schedule, that means hiking early in the morning as much as possible. This actually is going to be challenge for me, because I am not an early riser :).

Will I be able to do it rain or shine - well being in AZ rain should not be a problem at all :). Its the scorching heat of AZ in summer that I would have to fight with. Lets see....I will keep you posted as things progress.

I have already done 2 hikes in the past 2 weekends, so only 50 more weeks to go.

2 comments:

  1. Way to go Nirmala, this is an awesome idea, I have subscribed to your feed, and I'm looking forward to hearing about your progress. I do think this is a very hard task. I don't know that I could do it, but I'm definitely going to be cheering you on all the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go:) Thanks to your enthusiasm and support, even I managed to do Picacho:) Rekha

    ReplyDelete