Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Origin of Hiking Project

Motivation
On May 1st 2010, I took a old Virginia Tech friend-Bindu who was visiting us to hike camel back mountain. I was doing this hike after nearly more than 4 years and given my current state of irregular workouts, 1.2 miles up the mountain felt like a neverending journey. It definitely shows that I am not in great shape, the reason I am not saying I am in bad shape because though I was tired all through out the weekend, atleast I did not have stiff muscles next day.

It is after the camel back hike, I realized that how much I like hiking and and have missed it. I was telling Bindu a person from intel who summitted Mt. Everest used to train on camel back mountain. I also shared my interest that one day I want to go to atleast to the base camp. For that I need to keep myself in good shape :)

Inspiration
Anyways after having read Eat, Pray, Love (I could not make myself read the whole book) and currently reading Happiness Project, these books have the concept of experimenting something for a year. Julie and Julia also has the similar idea.

While reading these books I would question myself occasionally - If there is anything I can do for a year?. I think to do something for a year, you have to be really passionate and motivated about it.

The answer came to me after the camel back hike. I realized that I would love to hike for a year, you can tell that I am definitely inspired or getting carried away by the books :). Hence the seed of a defining a hiking project was sown in my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment